CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to transfer all settings in Wine to Crossover?

I use Wine, and all configuration, settings and applications in Wine. I recently purchased Crossover Pro. I want to transfer all my wine environments easily without configuring and installing again. But how?

I'm not certain it's a good idea, since CrossOver does some custom configuration of its own bottles when they are created, which your WINEPREFIX won't have, but I think this should do what you want:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxbottle --bottle <new bottle name> --copy ~/.wine --install

Ken Thomases wrote:

I'm not certain it's a good idea, since CrossOver does some custom
configuration of its own bottles when they are created, which your
WINEPREFIX won't have, but I think this should do what you want:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxbottle --bottle <new bottle name> --copy ~/.wine --install

Ken, a question/observation.

Running CXG, I think that I have noted that some of the "WINE" updates carry across all bottles.

I'm thinking of things like a registry edit...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D
DirectDrawRenderer OpenGL

I believe that I have seen that value carry forward when creating new bottles, as well as across bottles.

Other changes, like the graphics/Vertex shader option via "wine config" control pannel appear to be unique to each bottle.

Is this a correct observation?

William H. Magill wrote:

Running CXG, I think that I have noted that some of the "WINE"
updates carry across all bottles.

I'm thinking of things like a registry edit...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D
DirectDrawRenderer OpenGL

I believe that I have seen that value carry forward when creating
new bottles, as well as across bottles.

Other changes, like the graphics/Vertex shader option via "wine
config" control pannel appear to be unique to each bottle.

Is this a correct observation?

No, that's not correct. I'm not sure what you're seeing, but bottles are independent from one another. Registry changes in one don't affect the others. And changes made in winecfg are registry changes.

There are some settings which can apply to CrossOver Games for an entire installation or for a user account. Those are the settings in /opt/cxgames/etc/cxgames.conf or ~/cxgames/etc/cxgames.conf, depending on where you installed CrossOver Games, and ~/.cxgames/cxgames.conf. However, those are not the same things as you're referring to.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicUZnSEVuOHFFVjdBcGNoSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9