CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover won't work in Mint (noob talk)

Hello guys,

i just installed linux mint 8 on my pc (9 kept giving me an error during install) and decided to give crossover a try to see if I could get my source games running. After installing crossover using the .deb package I don't know where to go to get it started, I've tried going down to the menu bar and looking for it, nothing doing. I've tried searching for it in the directories I managed to find a bunch of files in the /opt directory but nothing I could open up.

I am at a complete loss as to what I am supposed to do now, it isn't on my desktop, it isn't in my home folder and it isn't in any f the menu's, please can somebody tell me how to get this thing working I would greatly appreciate it.

My specs (from what I can remember) are as follows:

MOBO: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5770
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 245
RAM: 2GB DDR3 (can't remember much beyond that I only got this chip just recently)
PSU: 600 watt (can't remember much beyond that got this just recently as well)

If their is any other information you need please just ask, I thank you for your patience and help. Sorry for being such a noob and I'm sorry if this has been asked before but this websites search function was a little scary for me.

EDIT: OMFG, it just appeared in the menu now after about 10 mins of desperately searching through my computer and google on how to get this prick to work. Sorry for the waste of time guys, please can a moderator delete this post.

Hi,

There is no moment to moment moderation here in this forum.
It will be 8-10hours before someone will delete it. During that
time, anyone (including the young) can/may view your posting,
and be offended by your swearing ; please consider editing your
post so this doesn't happen before staff return to work and
delete the thread...

Cheers!

I've got it running in LM7, LM8, LM9 - haven't tried LM10 yet.
no problem @ at all ....

On LM10, it trashed my Office 12 (2007) installation from one particular bottle. The other bottle appeared to come through the installation/upgrade unscathed.

I prefer to install CX from scratch <fresh install>
then again, I don't have that much to back up, either. 😖

but I also have tried the newer version on another, test PC, as well.
so, hopefully, there aren't any surprises.
😏

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibnZXM21VUzk1TUpocnE1UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9