CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover with OpenSuSE 11.3

Anyone using this pair (openSuSe 11.3 & crossover linux 9.x)? I just updated to latest versions of both the other day and now applications will start up and crash almost immediately. I tried uninstalling everything, removing bottles and creating brand new bottles and going through the install process with Office again, but get the same results.

Any ideas?

Chris TenHarmsel wrote:

Anyone using this pair (openSuSe 11.3 & crossover linux 9.x)? I
just updated to latest versions of both the other day and now
applications will start up and crash almost immediately. I tried
uninstalling everything, removing bottles and creating brand new
bottles and going through the install process with Office again, but
get the same results.

Any ideas?

I am running this without a problem. The only special thing that I did was recompile my kernel with the wine patch for WoW. I don't know of that would have made a difference though as I don't think it impacts most software.

I had a similar experience, and bottles that ran fine under OpenSuSe 11.2 and Crossover 9.0 would not run under OpenSuSe 11.3 and Crossover 9.0.

For example, I have EZNEC antennas design software running just fine in a Win98 bottle under OpenSuSE 11.2 but I can't start it in OpenSuSe 11.3, both with CrossOver 9.0.

I find usually it takes Codeweavers about a week to get the bugs out of a new version of OpenSuse. Have you put in a support request?

Chris TenHarmsel wrote:

Anyone using this pair (openSuSe 11.3 & crossover linux 9.x)? I
just updated to latest versions of both the other day and now
applications will start up and crash almost immediately. I tried
uninstalling everything, removing bottles and creating brand new
bottles and going through the install process with Office again, but
get the same results.

Any ideas?

I am running fine with OpenSuse 11.3 64bit and Crossover Office Pro 9.1.0, My initial install was CX 9.0.1, I was not running CX prior to OpenSuse 11.3 (well.. I was, but was away for along time). I installed from the RPM version based on recommendations for installing on a 64bit OS.

If you have a 64bit OS, an alternative to installing from RPM was to first install wine and it's libraries, then install CrossOver.

Thanks for the tip. I am on Suse 11.3 32bit, and have been using Suse and Crossover since Suse 9.0.

Looks like prior to 11.3, Suse installed wine by default on installation. Based on your tip I:
1) removed Crossover 9.0.1
2) installed wine
3) removed any file with "cxoff" in its name.
4) installed Crossover 9.0.1 and IE7.
5) installed Quicken 2008 and its updates.

Quicken now works

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid05IWVIyMk51RVBWWWNKMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9