CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HowTo: Remove the 'Click here to enable Instant Search' message in Outlook 2007

So, after attempting to install 'Instant Search' and then later finding out how much of a bad thing that is to do.. I reinstalled my Office apps and have that pesky message begging me to install the instant search again. It wastes space and gives a nice area for me to accidentally click on something I shouldn't, so I dug around on how to get rid of the message.

I post here for those that look here before searching elsewhere, hope someone else finds this beneficial.

Disable Instant Search (prompt)

To not get prompted to download the Windows Desktop Search component (which doesn't work under CrossOver), do the
following under Outlook 2007 (+?):

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  2. Click Other, and then click Advanced Options.
  3. Under General settings, clear the Show prompts to enable Instant
    Search check box.

Clearing the check box disables instant search functionality and the prompt to install instant search, but does not remove the Search pane. You can still use this search pane, but the searches take a little bit longer.

You can still use Advanced Find as in earlier versions of Outlook. To use Advanced Find, on the Tools menu, point
to Instant Search, and then click Advanced Find, or just press CTRL+SHIFT+F.

Thanks for the tip !
I was looking for this.

Thank you ever so much..

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMktrVmdFWEJOeDJ3YmYzWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9