CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New user trialling the software

I've finally got sick of windows and decided to move across to linux, especially as found the only game i play is fully supported.

I installed the trial version and ran the installer for Lord Of The Rings which just sticks at 'analyzing bottles' so I thought I would try a different way of installing

I've downloaded the full client of LOTRO but only way I could get the installer to start via crossover was to say it was an other application and not supported.

but it's now going through the installation and have set it to install the game on my home drive in a folder called games. This is picked up as drive Y in the application. Would this be fine as I don't actually want any games installed on my OS drive

Is there a way of setting the bottles so they are in your home drive instead of the os drive?

thanks in advance

ps: did search forums but couldn't find anything to answer my queries

forgot to mention running Linux-Mint 9

Hi,

The 'drive letters' (Y: Z: etc) in Crossover/wine are in fact aliases for
locations in your native file system. You can view/change the path assignments
related to these using the wine configuration GUI. Start cxsetup (Manage Bottles),
highlight the bottle in question -> Control Panel tab -> launch the Wine Configuration
item. Click on the Drives tab -- there you can see the current path assignments
and change them to suit your preferences.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

thanks for the info - game installed but won't run so need to look into further to see if i have to do it a different way

update: think i found out why - i installed normal crossover and not crossover games - will uninstall tonight and retry with crossover games

Mike --

There should be an entry in CrossOver games for 'pylotro' which will automatically install everything you need. That's (at least) the first thing you should try.

-Andrew

thanks - have installed crossover games and got pylotro installed along with the game, but having some issues which i've posted in the lotro forum

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYWI2ZHBMZFZ4Ung5bWdtciIsImdkcHIiOjB9