CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Incompatibility with STADEN Package.

ia32-crossover-standard-demo_9.1.0-1_amd64.deb has an incompatibility with the STADEN software package. STADEN is a scientific package for the assembly of dna sequencing data, and is very popular in the bioinformatics community. I have a Ubuntu 10.04 install, and I installed via the repositories from here: http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/tools/bio-linux.

Here is what happened:
sudo dpkg -i ia32-crossover-standard-demo_9.1.0-1_amd64.deb
[sudo] password for kbaker:
Selecting previously deselected package ia32-crossover-standard-demo.
(Reading database ... 269291 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking ia32-crossover-standard-demo (from ia32-crossover-standard-demo_9.1.0-1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up ia32-crossover-standard-demo (9.1.0-1) ...
Covert Project Database
Version 1.4, 28th May 1997
Please enter database to convert:

Available types are:

1. Flat file - created with this program
  2. xdap database
  3. xbap database

Database type? ^Cdpkg: error processing ia32-crossover-standard-demo (--install):
subprocess installed post-installation script killed by signal (Interrupt)
Processing triggers for menu ...

Errors were encountered while processing:
ia32-crossover-standard-demo

The word 'Convert' is misspelled in the STADEN convert script (I think it's part of the GAP4 package).

Using synaptic to remove STADEN allowed Crossover Office to install.

I assume that the problem is that a utility called 'convert' is used in the crossover install package, and the STADEN version of convert is higher up $PATH.

Cheers,

K.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTTdIZ2VDY3VHNmdwSEF1ZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9