CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Linux, OpenSuse 11.2, and Cisco VPN

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed Codeweaver CrossOver Linux onto my laptop running OpenSuse 11.2. My company just upgraded the MS Office suite to 2007, and now my Open Office suite will not open 2007 .docx or .xlsx documents ... hence my need to use CrossOver so I can use 2007.

I downloaded and installed IE7 and it works fine (something I thought I'd never see on a linux box) and it works fine. However, I've noticed that when I activate my company's VPN, IE will not connect. I cannot even store the settings for the network into Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings and check the Auto Detect box ... it will not save.

Anyone have an idea to help?

Thanks

Jim

Check to make sure your default route is set to the tunnel.

I had the same problem with vpnc and outlook.

Andrew ... thanks for responding, but how do I do that? I've looked at CrossOver and can't see anything bu configuring a proxy.

Thanks

Jim

jIm, its not a crossover thing. you need to edit your VPN config and tell it to only allow traffic for resources on that network. I assume you are using Cisco Compatable vpn (vpnc). if so after you setup the info on the first tab go to the second and hit the routes button. in there you will see a checkbox that says use this connection only for resources on that network. all other traffic, web traffic, will go out over your local connecion. unless you want to surf the web via that VPN connection from your company.

j

J

Well ... I'm having to use the proprietary Cisco my company provides ... also, I have Firefox installed and it works fine when VPN is up and running, with only Auto detect selected like I want to set on IE ... a little stumped on the fact that IE will let me save the home page in IE but not Net connections ... hmmmmmm

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks again

Jim

my Open Office suite will not open 2007 .docx or .xlsx

There exists a working, easy to install converter for documents created with the MS Office 2007 standard formats:

converter for docx, pptx, xlsx

As it is seamlessly integrated into OOffice it is a fast and efficient solution when you have to handle files of both major office suites.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkNzVVJWUENzNUhMNnVYViIsImdkcHIiOjB9