CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No text in menu panel

I installed a new app but do not see text in the upper menu panel and some buttons. I read that this is an error of wine and should be fixed in version 1.1.35 (?). This error does not show up in apps prior installed.

Regards,

bevo

Bernd Volkmann wrote:

I installed a new app but do not see text in the upper menu panel
and some buttons. I read that this is an error of wine and should be
fixed in version 1.1.35 (?). This error does not show up in apps
prior installed.

Regards,

bevo

Hi,

It would be useful if you told us which app you are talking about?

Cheers!

thank's for reply,

it's SteuerSparErklärung 2010 wich is a prog for German tax declaration 😉 so it will be of not help.

regards

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know (it is actually useful, as it gives me
the chance to look at the Wine AppDB entry for this title, the
issues it has, history of it's behavior in Wine...etc etc..)

It also allows me to do this...;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18523&iTestingId=47457

..so anyone else who sees this thread, can now know exactly which
program this thread belongs to ;)

...and yes, it looks like it got better in the later model wine releases.
I'm not really sure about this, but I think the latest crossover-9.0 build
may be based on wine-1.1.34 -- you could email info@codeweavers.com about
this, and perhaps they can give you access to one of the crossover 9.0
pre-release builds to see if this title runs any better there...

Cheers!

Hi Don,
thanks for reply and yes, understandable 😉

Good hint that link.

I think crossover 9.0 final is not far away, so I'll wait until it is available.

Ciao

Hi,

Just for the record, it seems this program will require the following runtime dependencies;

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
Core Fonts

(the wineHQ page cited says to install gecko via winetricks -- I believe this is analogous
to the Crossover HTML engine pre-installed into bottles. In these cases, sometimes it
can help matters if you install IE6 or IE7 into the same bottle...YMMV..)

Cheers!

Hi,

both are installed also IE6.

Ciao

Bernd

Same problem with this program. The last version in last year worked perfect without any greater problems.

Is there a possibility to get a patch or anything else to get this damned menuetext back?-)

It´s realy incredible how softwarefirms ignore the Mac with there software. Why they can't they build there software crossplattform compatible in Java or QT for example. I'm realy angry about that because i spend a lot of money for this crap of software because it worked last year.

The greatest joke is that the german finanzamt only gives there software Elster-Formular only for Windows. But they want all the taxes payed from me with a mac 😉

Hello,

ok, new game new luck 😉

I installed CrossOver-pro-9 on a 64bit machine the problem is fixed but on a 32bit machine the problem still exist.

I there a difference in the wine version on 64bit and 32bit?

Regards,

bevo

Edit:
sorry I made a mistake, neither version fixed the problem. Only pure Wine does show the text 😥

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclF1eHJCSFpWWkpnTUZodyIsImdkcHIiOjB9