CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ugly fonts under Japanese environment

Hi, I just purchased cxoffice pro but under my japanese environment (ubuntu 9.10) text is unreadable as you can see in the picture. If I switch my environment to spanish or english it looks ok. How can I make it look ok in the Japanese environment also?

I had a similar issue with normal wine's winecfg and the applications and I fixed it with

ln -s /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-japanese-* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts/

I tried

sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-japanese-* /opt/cxoffice/share/wine/fonts/

but it didn't work

thanks

Hi,

Have you tried this?...;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5202;forum=1;msg=44902

Cheers!

I hadn't seen that thread... but I don't understand how to install the linux-jpfontsetup.exe.so I tried with /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine linux-jpfontsetup.exe.so but didn't work.

Can you explain me how to set it up?

Carlo Perez wrote:

I hadn't seen that thread... but I don't understand how to install
the linux-jpfontsetup.exe.so I tried with /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine
linux-jpfontsetup.exe.so but didn't work.

Can you explain me how to set it up?

By the looks of Aric's instructions you need to download jpfontsetup.exe.so and
then run that file with wine....ie;

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle [bottle_name] /path/to/linux-jpfontsetup.exe.so

It's not clear if jpfontsetup.exe.so should be copied to /opt/cxoffice/lib/wine
but that's where I would put it if it needs to be put anywhere specific...

If it doesn't work, I would suggest emailing your query to info@codeweavers.com
as that thread is a little dated, and things may have changed...good luck!

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSGNQUmI5dkFTUXZQWEg2dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9