CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation crossover 6.20 prof. on Suse 11.2 not possible

Hi gents,
During the begin of the installation of crossoveroffice 6.20 in Suse 11.2 it come a message --> paket crossover ........pro 6.2.0-1.i386.rpm cannnot installed.Next line Details: Subprocess failed.Error:...... unpacking of archive failed on file /opt/cxoffice/lib/xml/perl/XML/DOM.pm;4b804b84:cpio:read.
I don't know, what's the problem.

I'm pretty sure you ave to use a newer version of cx. As SuSE or your favorite distribution evolves things like the std c libraries etc upgrade and CX 6 was compiled expecting older versions that match what was out when CX 6 was released. The current version of CX is 8.x and there has been numerous relases since 6 - If I'm wrong I'm sure someone else will correct me here but that is my best guess . I run SuSE 11.2 and the current versions of CX work just fine.

Andrew Chandler wrote:

I'm pretty sure you ave to use a newer version of cx. As SuSE or
your favorite distribution evolves things like the std c libraries
etc upgrade and CX 6 was compiled expecting older versions that
match what was out when CX 6 was released. The current version of
CX is 8.x and there has been numerous relases since 6 - If I'm wrong
I'm sure someone else will correct me here but that is my best guess
. I run SuSE 11.2 and the current versions of CX work just fine.

This sounds about right, going by the error description...ie; looks like the rpm package manager
is whining. Suggestion would be to either download the latest CXO package (rpm), or, download the
CXO 6 shell installer (which may work, you'd have to try and find out)..

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieExUdmhFOEtUcFZTSkdubiIsImdkcHIiOjB9