CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to login to WoW using newest version on openSuse 11.2

Since the migration to the latest version a Wow a month or so ago, I have not been able to login to wow. It still launches fine, but when I login it says it was unable to login and stays at the login screen. I have validated that I can login to the website, so I don't believe it is a password problem. Anyone else seeing issues with this? The only other posts I saw (might have missed them) like this were related to using a newer kernel than what I am running...

I have:
openSuse 11.2 with kernel: 2.6.31.12-0.2-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-03-16 21:25:39 +0100 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
And Crossover games 9.0.0.

How can I debug this problem?

Thank you!

Hi,

It may possibly be related to the following;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4997;forum=1;msg=83295

Cheers!

That thread seems to mention crashes on login. I don't have those. I cannot login. They also mentioned downgrading to a kernel older than 33/34. I was running 31. I am however able to login to a friends machine running CentOS 5.5 with crossover/wine?

As opensuse 11.3 has been released I updated to that, it still doesn't work FWIW.

How can I debug the problem?

I installed the 9.1 beta demo today, now mine crashes at login like everyone elses... Not sure if I feel better or not.

Andrew wrote:

I installed the 9.1 beta demo today, now mine crashes at login like
everyone elses... Not sure if I feel better or not.

Replacing the ldap dll made the login work for the old kernel. Waiting for the kernel patch now.

I have the same problem on ubuntu 10.04 under crossover 9.0.1. WoW gives a message about not being able to log in, suggesting it can't gain internet access.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiejVna0xzeFJSQjdCUVBGQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9