CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bottles gone, after upgrade 9.0.x STD -> 9.1.0 Pro

hi, an unfortunate thing happend that appears me to have to recreate (reinstall) my software in bottles.

I decided to take up on the offer to upgrade to Professsional, now the 9.1 also came out.

I uninstalled 9.0.x Standard (as root), WITH the option to KEEP the Bottles (of course)
I installed 9.1 Professional.
Started Crossover to continue work, but to my unpleasent surprise finding no bottles.

As far as I can tell my $HOME/.cxoffice folder which held my bottle has disappeared.
May be a case of RTFM, where I missed out on a step or warning (I rather have the install warn me).

So, for anyonme else thinking of such an action: backup your bottles (.cxoffice folder).

System: Ubuntu 10;04/64

Frans --

I'm really sorry that your applications vanished! I've run a couple of experiments here but I can't reproduce your experience.

In theory, you will only uninstall bottles in your home directory if you run the uninstaller as user (in which case the /only/ thing it can do is remove your personal bottles, and it will warn you.) If you run the uninstaller as root it shouldn't do anything with any private user accounts.

Of course, we may have a bug. Are you willing to tinker a bit and see if you can reproduce your experience?

-Andrew

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2RtdGtia2R4VXU5bXJkUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9