CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Office Product key

Hello,

I'm thinking about purchasing Crossover Linux, however I have a question that I would like to see resolved before I buy it. I currently dual boot my pc with Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (both 64bit), and I have installed Office 2007 on the Windows partition. Now, when I install Crossover on Ubuntu, is it possible to use the same product key, or do I have to purchase another copy of Office?

I'm willing to uninstall office on my windows partition, it's just that I want to make sure that I can use the same product key...

Michael wrote:

Hello,

I'm thinking about purchasing Crossover Linux, however I have a
question that I would like to see resolved before I buy it. I
currently dual boot my pc with Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (both
64bit), and I have installed Office 2007 on the Windows partition.
Now, when I install Crossover on Ubuntu, is it possible to use the
same product key, or do I have to purchase another copy of Office?

I'm willing to uninstall office on my windows partition, it's just
that I want to make sure that I can use the same product key...

That is a question about licenses, you may read the license agreement in Office 2007, however as far as I know it is one license per computer, so you can use the same product key in ubuntu without breaking the law as it is in the same computer

Theoretically "it is one license per computer",
which means that you could have any number of O/Ss on one computer,
& M$O installed on all of them.

that would also include any number of M$_win O/Ss installed, on the same computer.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVdTVUZ2YVpCVU5LYUF3SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9