CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

first experience with crossover

Actually, it's my second. I tried using it for games a long time ago and it didn't work. Now I want to use it for Microsoft Office at work. So far so good. I'm usingn office 2007, with Ubuntu 10.04. Only issue is this: I open up a file, and in my taskbar there's the regular item like always "Microsoft Excel - name of document" or whatever. BUT when I go into the document, there's a small window that's been shrunk down really far at the top left corner of the screen, and it's a copy of the document. If I close it, it closes both documents. I know that Office 2007 only has a bronze rating, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and knows of a way to make those extra windows quit showing up? Any help appreciated, thanks.

ps - I don't know how to find my version of crossover. I noticed in another thread that someone needed to know that before he could answer. Where can I find my version number? (I just downloaded it today, Oct 4 if that helps)

edit: also if I open multiple files, only the last one actually appears in the big window, no matter if I click on the taskbar icon of the other open docs... And those that appear in the tiny window that's all squished up in the corner cannot be edited, they're slightly grayed out. There's also 1 instance of "microsoft excel" and then one instance each of the open documents

I found a bug report on it. Turns out nothing has been fixed yet, but I did find a somewhat acceptable workaround.

ticket 814213[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=814213;s_subject=;tscurPos=50][/link]

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM2J2d3RGN3VHeDVSVHVXWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9