CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Add-ons in MS Office 2010 don't work

I have installed trial version of CrossOver Linux which is 14.1.11. Later I have installed MS Office 2010 Home&Student from DVD and I have a problem with add-ons. Equation changes some symbols in documents created before in Word under Windows. Some Analysis Toolpak tools don't work properly and Solver crashes whole Excel when I press "Solve". I really need these add-ons.

I don't know if this is a problem with trial version or CrossOver as such. Does anybody know if paid version has the same problems? Of course if it is newer then 14.1.11.

You're correct, I'm also not able to get addons like Solver or the Mendeley desktop plugin to work properly. This was true in the full version of CX 14.1 and is also true in the new version 15.

I'm not sure that the equation oddities you're describing are related to an addon; I think that could have to do with files saved by different versions of word. For example, I know that if I take a document with equations that I created in Word 2007 and open it in Word 2010 or 2013, some of the symbols don't render properly.

Well I guess I expected too much. In this way I'm forced to use Windows anyway.

The document I mentioned before was created in Word 2010 under Windows 7 Home. Then it was opened in the same version of Word but installed in CrossOver. As long as I was using the same version of editor under Windows on different computers there were no problems.

I don't suppose there's been any progress on this? If I could use Word with Mendeley I would buy CrossOver Linux, those are the two Windows tools I need.

Unfortunately no. I'm in the same position - Mendeley + Word on Linux is the single thing I wish for the most, but no luck right now.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVkphR1R4YUJacmVSdlRFZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9