CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Debian sid and Crossover

So I got crossover running but when I do go to install programs I get missing dependencies because the dependencies are a lower version then I currently am running on my machine. Basically I was to install Rocket League but Im running into issues and I feel like its because of dependency issues. Anyone have an idea on how to work around this?

I had similar issues about a month ago. I did not, however, find a way around it. Each dependency requires others to be uninstalled. And others installed when it is added again in another version.
And so on for several dependencies this dependency requires. Eventually, I gave up and reinstalled everything. I got to a point where I must remove almost all major packages to get a specific dependency in a different version. Then manually download and install compatible versions for what I had to remove. This was BTW for two of the ``small'' < 1GB linux distributions that used debian unstable I tried on an old laptop.

Can you copy the output of Help>>System Information in CrossOver and paste it here?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieVRMdDgzUFFSd3pRVDZkcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9