CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2013 won't run via Nomachine Terminal Server (virtual desktop)

On both Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04, with Crossover 16, I have Office 2013 installed and working fine, as long as its accessed on display :0 (physical display).

On those same machines, installing the latest Nomachine Terminal Server, and starting a virtual desktop session - if I launch Excel 2013, (1) it takes several minutes to launch, and (2) when it opens, the screen is black. Session is running in X11 Vector graphics mode.

I'll be reporting issue to Nomachine as well, but just thought I'd post here in case there is a known workaround.

-Bob

did you raise a Support Ticket, for that ?.

as an aside, Team Viewer does block the remote screen ( black it's background )

• is your issue that, or the actual Office Screen blacked out ?.

Do not use Team Viewer. This was specifically the Excel window that was black.

I did not raise support issue with Codeweavers, but I will.

I do have an open case with Nomachine, and they are looking at it currently.

-Bob

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3lONGZ2NHZrV0g4c2FCNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9