CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Hantek PC-scope sw drivers

Hello

I try to install a driver for a PC-scope from Hantek (6022BE). Not important actually what it is, but I know that USB Support is limited for Crossover.
So question is, If one like to try and install drivers for devices needing USB requests, what would be the best methode.

I guess one need a linux driver which crossover may communicate with... Hantek does provide all source code so porting the driver to linux may not be the biggest issue
It is the application that needs to run under crossover. There is also a USB driver available with an inf file, but the Hantek application never asks for it, so how may I proceed installing this driver?

If you (I'm not sure, but I think it may be better to run this as root - I always do, just in case) run the lsusb command with the USB device disconnected, connect it, then run lsusb again, does some new device appear to the list?

First, lsusb doesn't need root privileges at all on any system I have used.

As for the driver, I'm really not convinced it will ever be used, or that it will be able to be used by the system. If you haven't looked at this link, it might be useful for experimentation:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/usbtoserial

As for installing the driver, if it has an installer, use that. If it doesn't, you would have to copy it where the software would expect it to be, in the bottle for that software. I haven't used Windows in years, so I'm not too sure where. Some light googling told me that in win7 that would be Windows\System32\DriverStore. You'll have to do figure the specifics yourself, according with whatever your bottle pretends to be (winXP, win7, etc). There's a "open drive c:" entry in "bottles" menu to get directly to the proper folder.

It's a nice experiment, but don't get your hopes up.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmNnZ21RQ0dmQkxkaHFnOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9