CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 hangs with HTML Mails

Hi,
I just installed the new free jubelee version of cxoffice (tahnks again 😊).
But wehen I try to view an email which is HTML formatted and contains some pictures my Outlook 2007 crashes and restarts.
By the way now I can read emails with signature, what was impossible in earlier versions.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Can I ask, are you using ubuntu 8.10?

I'm also having this problem, has been driving me crazy for weeks now - I thought it was just me :-|

I have been having this same issue on Ubuntu 8.10 as well. Please, let us know if someone figures how to fix this!

I am also having the same problem - Outlook 2007 always crashes when loading HTML e-mails in the Preview Pane that contain remote images.

Same here, I'm yet to see html email content in my outlook 2007...Would anyone bother to open a bug?

Ubuntu 8.10
Crossover 7.1.0

There is a bug for this issue, but we only have one ticket that supports this bug... this means our developers do not have a set of people they can ask questions of regarding this bug... and really very little proof that the bug exists. Please file a support ticket referencing bug 4598 and detailing the actual issue. This way, if we need to collect log files or data regarding this issue for our developers we only need to reference everyone listed on the bug.

Many thanks!

I have filed ticket 712972

The best thing we've found so far is to remove the Oriya fonts.

In a terminal: sudo apt-get remove ttf-oriya-fonts

Andrew Balfour wrote:

The best thing we've found so far is to remove the Oriya fonts.

I'll be darned. That has actually worked so far. Huh? Not complaining though.

Michael Colligan wrote:

Andrew Balfour wrote:

The best thing we've found so far is to remove the Oriya
fonts.

I'll be darned. That has actually worked so far. Huh? Not
complaining though.

I'll second that this actually works. how weird...

Who was the Warrior that discover that problem with the font!

Very nice work, Thank you very much, I was mad for almost 2 days thinking that I was going to need to run outlook in virtual machine.

It was working and suddently stopped because I had to install Java console from sun.. one of the steps was to uninstall the microsoft fonts (ubuntu-restricted-extras) so, I knew it was something to do with fonts.

THANKS!!!

In-house it was one of our developers, but there were others that discovered the issue around the same time.

Cheers!

I found installing IE6 into the same bottle as Outlook 2003 fixed this issue for me..... Fedora 11.
(Just thought I'd add my 2c for the googlers)

1 to 13 of 13

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiczhmbnZrZk5iS3JBdGtuZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9