CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can not write accents nor umlauts

I am on intrepid, both 32 and 64 bit versions, running ie6 on crossover professional 7.1.0. I can not write accents like á, é, í, ó, ú nor umlauts as ä, ö or ü. But I can write the Spanish ñ. The same behavior appears on wine. I believe to have seen this letters to be written on prior versions, but I am not sure at all. Is this related to missing fonts, the keyboard or to other parameters?

same problem here.

I've search on internet and i've found no solution.

Office 2007 works great on crossover, just this annoying issue.

Hi, I found the solution for linux on the following page:

http://www.guia-ubuntu.org/index.php?title=Skype

It's written in Spanish, but if you scroll down the page, you'll find a subtitle called Skype en español.

It tells you to uncheck the box allowing support to introduction of complex characters, which locates in System => Administration => Language support => Entry method.

I tried both successfully writing accents on ubuntustudio 8.10 i386 and ubuntu 9.10 x64, on explorer 6.0 via crossover and skype for linux x64 deb build for linux, respectively. I also wrote umlauts, both with small and capital letters, even @ could be written via alt gr + q.

Sorry if the translation of the menu options is not accurate.

Hope this helps.

It also works on jaunty, both 32 and 64 bit configurations.

Hi Christian,

please see my replies below.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVRjOHNaR3lFU1BkR2d2UiIsImdkcHIiOjB9