CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DVDFab problem

I had dvdfab version 5.1.2.2 working just fine with the latest version of crossover office (the one I got from the free day).

The problem came when DVDFab updated their software to 5.2.2.0... I re-installed the software in a brand new bottle and now when I launch the program and get to the main screen where is gives me the option to "Start DVDFab" nothing happens... the program just closes with no error messages printed out on the command line.

Has anyone else had this problem or know a way around it?

Thanks!

PS: I installed this version (5.2.2.0) using the latest wine and it works fine so I am not sure what the problem could be.

I am have the same problem. 5.1.2.2 seems like the last version that will actually start with crossover pro 7.1.0, other than bring up the trial ware screen. I have tried to install the latest 5.2.3.0.

As it is not a supported application, it may not get much attention. However, I suggest submitting a ticket (or sending an email to info@codeweavers.com) letting us know this application's current version works with Wine but not CrossOver.

Further, it may work fine with the next installment of CrossOver (when the Wine version within gets updated).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclpVTW53UFlzVGhMeUtRZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9