CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Access 2000 no longer supported in 7.1.0??

Hello,

I'm running successfully Access 2000 from Office 2000 Professional package on Ubuntu Hardy using Crossover Office 6.2.0.
Ok, there are some minor problems, such as reports are not sorted alphabetically, but nothing that really matters.

Now I set up my new EEE Box with Intrepid and the latest version of Crossover (7.1.0)
Unfortunately, now I have three severe problems:

(1) during installation, starting and running of some MS applications the display flashes and gets totally black.
Installation procedure can't really be followed, because most of the time the display is off.

(2) I'm running a rather complex Access-application with modules, makros, etc. processing data of one year.
At the end of the year the status of the file is frozen, copied to the new year (db2008.mdb -> db2009.mdb), the tables are emptied and the work begins again.
All older copies (db2006, db2007, db2008) start properly, but starting db2009.mdb I get a message "The database window couldn't be generated. Please update your Internet Explorer to a higher version" (not literally, retranslated from german).
Even if I think this message to be really odd, I did run an update, but with no success.

(3) and worst: Reports have only headlines, but no contents.
No matter whether I have data or even only text fields in the inner data area (I don't know, how to retranslate. The german version calls it "Detailbereich"), there is nothing. Neither on screen nor on print.
I thought it to be a problem of fonts, but when I cut&paste any field from a head area into the inner data area, it disappears.

My trial time is expiring soon and I really don't know, what to do.
The way it is now, it's useless for me.
Is it possible that some improvement has worsen the ACCESS 2000 support of Crossover?
If yes, is it possible to get a licence for this old version?

Walter

If yes, is it possible to get a licence for this old version?

I don't know the answer for all your other questions, but something I know for a fact is that when you purchase a version of Crossover, you do have access to all former versions, up to CXO 2.1.0 at least.

So you can go ahead and purchase it ! :)

Alban

[i]"(3) and worst: Reports have only headlines, but no contents.
No matter whether I have data or even only text fields in the inner data area (I don't know, how to retranslate. The german version calls it "Detailbereich"), there is nothing. Neither on screen nor on print.
I thought it to be a problem of fonts, but when I cut&paste any field from a head area into the inner data area, it disappears."
[/i]
It's true, and if you go to the button "Publish in MS Word" (or other application) the text is allright. ¿?

Some idea?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV011ZFpZRWd4N3Q0V1pDNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9