CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Uninstall wine or not uninsatll wine

bonjour,

j'ai bien reçu le Cd PRO Pour Linux

j'avais wine
doit-je le retirer
et est ce que j'en ai encore besoin après l'installation de codeweavers linux pro

hello,

I well received the PRO Cd For Linux

I had wine I must withdraw ?????

after installation crossover linux

now

before installation

My apologies, my French is horrible so I will not attempt it here and will hope you will be able to translate English to French well.

I believe your question is, do I need to remove Wine or is Wine effected by installing CrossOver?

The answer is no. CrossOver installs it's own version of Wine that will remain separate from the actual Wine installation on your system. The two versions will not speak with each other or interfere with each other. You are welcome to remove Wine from your system after installing CrossOver but most people that are comfortable with Wine keep it installed so that they can compare how programs run in the two and choose the bet for each program.

If this is not your question, I am terribly sorry.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXZTYzVHU2tSZlRubUY5YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9