CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 and Crossover 7.1.10

I have installed Cross Over on my Ubuntu 8.10 machine in order to run Outlook 2007. After some tweaking the application runs great. My only problem is that when I open Outlook 2007 it opens maximized, and I can not restore or resize the window. Also when I click to write a new message, the new message window appears behind the Outlook window. Has anyone seen this before? I am using Cross Over version 7.1.0.

Thanks in advance.

I've had the maximize outlook problem before too. If you get stuck in that state then your best bet is to log out and login using something like fvwm for your windows manager - you will then be able to resize outlook and the next time you go back into kde or gnome it will work fine. I've found that its best to avoid maximizing outlook so I don't usually wind up in this state but it has happened a couple of times.

This issue should be fixed in our upcoming 8.0 release. In the meantime, does turning off Compiz help at all?

Thank you both for your replies. I did nail it down to the cause on my machine. I use a laptop on a dock with a secondary LCD. The screen got "stuck" when I had Outlook maximized on my laptop screen and dragged it to the secondary monitor. After that I could not move it. I did a quick reinstall for Office and all is good. I can maximize and restore the window at will. So I will stay away from dragging a maximize Office window between monitors.

Thanks!!

I bought crossover-pro-7.1.0-1.i386 when I came into an exclusive windows environment, and was forced away from Lotus Notes 8.5 and when Evolution + MAPI failed to work, I saw no other alternative.

Fedora 11 w/Crossover 7.1 runs Outlook 2007 perfectly on my T61p with similar config. 2x 1920x1200@60 with compiz fusion.

However, I had hoped you were less behind on releases? Looking through the releases, there is much to be desired. ;)

For instance

[torel@bgo-s-101 Windows]$ /opt/cxoffice/bin/wineserver -version
Wine 0.9.60

[torel@bgo-s-101 Windows]$ /opt/cxchromium/bin/wineserver -version
Wine 1.1.4

while Fedora 11 is lagging behind 5 minor releases

[torel@bgo-s-101 Windows]$ wineserver -version
Wine 1.1.18

Comments?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEt1ckxlbVlQUG1oTTJWUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9