CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Red Hat/Fedora x64_Bit?

Hi,

I run Fedora Core 10 x64-bit. I purchased CrossOver Linux, but realized that I couldn't download a 64Bit version unless it was for Ubuntu. Does a version exist that supports 64-bit as an RPM (or some other installation format)? Did I miss it?

Thanks,
John

We're actually in the midst of re-vamping our 32/64-bit package installers. In truth, there doesn't really need to be a 64-bit install of Crossover, since it's an entirely 32-bit program. The 64-bit .deb installer just downloads and installs a slew of 32-bit compatibility libraries as a part of the Crossover installation. We never made a 64-bit .rpm installer because (a) we did not see demand for it until recently, and (b) the package names vary across different .rpm based distros more than with .deb distros.

That said - our next release of Crossover features an updated mechanism that more actively hunts for compatibility libraries and installs them if absent, so our 32-bit .rpm installer will do what a 64-bit .rpm installer would do when used on 64-bit architecture.

In the meantime, 64-bit Fedora 10 users should install the following packages before installing our current 32-bit .rpm (or .sh):

yum install glibc.i686 libgcc.i386 libSM.i386 libXi.i386 zlib.i386 alsa-lib.i386 mesa-libGL.i386

then run the crossover installer, and when finished run the following command:

chcon -u system_u -r object_r -t textrel_shlib_t cxoffice/lib/wine/*

Also, if you're planning on running MS Office 2007, install libXrender.i386, otherwise some of the fancy, shiny buttons in Office will look "empty".

I found this thread useful. However, this last command did not work for me.

chcon -u system_u -r object_r -t textrel_shlib_t cxoffice/lib/wine/*

I can however install apps now.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ25QV3VnNzVrNFFiWWQ1UCIsImdkcHIiOjB9