CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 connect via HTTPS (RPC over HTTPS).

Hi there.
If the topic was already discussed here i'm sorry and kindly asking to forward me to that topic.

My trouble is the following.
I need to run Outlook 2007 via HTTPS. I have configured account and on the stage of downloading folders/tasks etc, Outlook tell me something like - could not resolve name or outlook doesn't connected.

I suspect that it is a deal in incorrectly imported ssl certificates (generated for HTTPS). Because of together with correct requests to 443 port i see requests to 135 (GC) port (tcpdump stats).

If you have any thoughts what to do - please help.

Thanks

You can try adding IE6 to the same bottle as Outlook 2007 and see if the libraries it provides helps with HTTPS. Another thought is you could create/edit a hosts file and manually enter the server's address you're trying to reach. Dig into the bottle containing Outlook (the bottles are kept at ~/.cxoffice/) to drive_c/Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and in this file after the last line enter the information you’ve collected. For example:

69.132.456.66 mail.website.com

Andrew Balfour wrote:

You can try adding IE6 to the same bottle as Outlook 2007 and see if
the libraries it provides helps with HTTPS. Another thought is you
could create/edit a hosts file and manually enter the server's
address you're trying to reach. Dig into the bottle containing
Outlook (the bottles are kept at ~/.cxoffice/) to
drive_c/Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and in this file after
the last line enter the information you’ve collected. For example:

69.132.456.66 mail.website.com

Thanks for answer but

• the deal is not in name resolving but in the fact that outlook is trying to connect to GC to validate my connection
  • i have installed IE6 into the bottle but, that's funny, i don't see menu therefore i can't reach IE6 options 😊

Any other thoughts?

What's "GC" stand for? IE6 in this setup isn't really suppose to be run, it just provides DLLs to Outlook, which is why an icon wasn't created. You can try to start IE manually by using the Crossover Run Command program and choosing the iexplorer.exe file.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

What's "GC" stand for? IE6 in this setup isn't really suppose to be
run, it just provides DLLs to Outlook, which is why an icon wasn't
created. You can try to start IE manually by using the Crossover Run
Command program and choosing the iexplorer.exe file.

GC - stand for Global Catalogue in terms of MS Exchange environment, also know as Active Directory.

The problem with IE6 is other - I can run IE6, i can type some url and even browse that page, but I do not see MENU "File Edit Tools ....".
That's the problem.

Thanks.

Cyril,

I am using Outlook 2007 with and Exchange 2007 server, which is generally causing the issues with HTTP, RPC and HTTPS connections. After much research I found this to work:

1. Where you enter your username (Same place you have the option to "Check Name" not login) enter this:
    =SMTP:your.email@address.com

2. For the login credentials use:
    domain\username

Since initially finding this solution (on some forum, somewhere) I have used this to setup Outlook several times with fresh installations. Hopefully this will work for you as well.

Daniel

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHZtTXJhV1pGeG1RYUJ6UCIsImdkcHIiOjB9