CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2003 cyrillic encoding in HTML attachments

Hi!
I've downloaded trial version of Crossover Linux. Installed it in Fedora 10, installed Office 2003 without any issues except one - fonts are too small in Crossover app itself. This is one problem, very inconvenient but one can use screenshots from docs as I did.
The main problem that I also cannot resolve is encoding in HTML messages in Outlook. Standard messages in plain text looks as the should be i.e. correct and readable fonts, but in HTML attachments russian text is unreadable in spite of correct encoding set up in View->Encoding of message.
It looks like ie that comes with office doesn't know about correct encoding? Also there's a problem with regional settings, I cannot find the way to change time format.

Big thanks in advance!

You can try using the winecfg control panel to increase the dpi, that should enlarge the font size. You'll find a shortcut to winecfg in the Crossover Configuration, under Configure, Control Panels.

Thanks for your reply, but the problem with fonts size is not in Windows applications that I launch through CrossOver, the problem is with the Crossover fonts. You can see it in attached screenshot.image
It is strange because the message about "Register Crossover" looks like it should.

What can you advice me about the main problem with encoding?

Can you check your package manager and see if you have freetype installed?

Yes. Here is rpm query output:
rpm -qa | grep freetype
freetype-2.3.7-3.fc10.i386
freetype-devel-2.3.7-3.fc10.i386

The widely-spaced font issue in Crossover's menus is a known bug.

As for your issues with HTML emails - have you tried installing IE6 into the same bottle as office 2003?

Also, you can try setting the "Environment Variables" inside your ~/.cxoffice/[bottle name]/cxbottle.conf file as per this wiki page -
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/cxoffice62_choosedifferentlanguage

Jack Phinney wrote:

The widely-spaced font issue in Crossover's menus is a known bug.

I'm sorry I didn't find it in bugtracker. Didn't search thoroughly.
Nevertheless I removed one RPM which contained some UTF-8 TTF fonts and now at least I can read Crossover menus and text (if it fits the crossover window :)).

Jack Phinney wrote:

As for your issues with HTML emails - have you tried installing IE6
into the same bottle as office 2003?

Thanks a lot! It really helped with encoding issues. Now it looks like it should. Thanks again! This issue was stopping me from decision to buy crossover.

P.S. There is one more issue arose with fonts.
This one is also about font. Issue is with 2 Russian capital letters in Outlook only, but in other Office apps they are typed as they should be. Letters are under the same keys as Latin Y and K, they just cannot be typed in capital in Russian layout. One letter I can replace with Latin H - they look alike other letter cannot be replace with Latin analogue.

P.P.S. Can this additional issue be in this thread? Or should I create new one?
Thanks again for your help!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVMyQnhoZlFOWVB4aEh0eCIsImdkcHIiOjB9