CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HOME directory ownership

Hi,

I'm trying to run Crossover for LInux and get the following error message:

"*the directory HOME does not belong to you*"

In my linux setup, the $HOME directory sits in a external drive and, although I have complete control of it (I can read, write and execute anything on it), the ownership is as 254, instead of username.

Any ideas on how I could bypass this error and have Crossover run on my system?

Thanks in advance.

Do you know where/how the UID 254 is being inherited from?
(I can think of a few things here, but it's yet unclear to
me where '254' is coming from) I imagine here the device
mountpoint is inheriting the device UID, but as it's an
external drive, it's probably considered removable and so
udev is possibly where this all starts...

Btw, it's useful to know which linux distro you're using? ;)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGZXOGtzcFB0VVEzdlFibiIsImdkcHIiOjB9