CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

C4 Demo Question.

I downloaded the demo of C4 for Linux. I installed the demo on my Fedora Core 10 workstation and the install seemed to go pretty well, really well in fact. I downloaded the rpm package and then clicked on the package to do the installation. I was logged in as myself, since I will be the only one using C4. During the installation I was prompted for the the root password for certain tasks. C4 was installed into my Applications menu on the panel at the top of the screen. All seems good.

When I tried to install a small unsupported Window$ app. the installation procedure never did ask me for the bottle to install this app into, or to create a new bottle. Hence, the Window$ installer aborted telling me that the app requires Win2000 and above to install. It told me that I was trying to install on a Win98 PC (due to the default bottle being used). Does the demo support Win2000 and WinXP bottles? If so, why isn't C4 allowing me to create those bottles? Although I am an expert on Window$ and networking, I am at best at the intermediate level on Linux...please take this into account on the reply.

I learned about C4 in the book "Just Say No To Microsoft", the author gave your product a good "review". I'm hoping that this is the last nail in my personal Micro$oft "coffin".

Thanks for your help,
Mitch

I read a thread about deleting bottles and it got me to look at the "Manage Bottles" tab a little closer. I figured out how to add bottles.

Mitch

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlRHVUp0VjNCeENQNEpRYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9