CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Failed dependencies (installation problem in Fendora 10)

I'm totally new to Linux (especially Fedora). I've downloaded the rpm version of Crossover and installed it:

rpm -i crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386.rpm

I received the following errors:

error: Failed dependencies:
        ld-linux.so.2 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libICE.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libSM.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libX11.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libXext.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libXi.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libXmu.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libXpm.so.4 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libXt.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libc.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libdl.so.2 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libm.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386
    libutil.so.1 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.1.0-1.i386

So I read up and people told me that I should update my libraries. So I did this, just my libX11 through a Transaction Check Error at the end.
I tried it again and received the the same problems.

Could anyone help?
And please, I'm new to Linux (so I know nothing), so please explain as good as you can.

Thanks for any help!!

it looks like you're probably using a 64-bit edition of Fedora 10, and that what you need are the 32-bit versions of all of those libraries. Crossover is a 32-bit application, and our rpm installer for the current release doesn't do a very good job of pulling down the necessary dependencies on its own (the rpm installer for the upcoming Crossover 8.0 will fix this problem).

I think the easiest thing for you to do is to install wine through yum. The wine installation will bring with it all (or almost all) of the necessary 32-bit libraries that Crossover will need. You can find wine by opening a terminal and entering

$ yum search wine

Once wine is successfully installed, try installing Crossover from the .rpm installer, again.

Oh, damm. I'm so stupid. Yes. I have a 64bit version. And thats way nothing wants to install.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOExZQXRYdHh5NlVidzZMdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9