CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

word 2007 cursor/rendering problems -- ideas?

Hi,
I'm having problems with word 2007. It installed fine, but a few things are making it hard for me to continue using it. First, the cursor won't stop flashing and seems to mostly disappear when i'm typing. It sounds like nothing, but it's annoying as heck when you have to look at it for hours a day. I've turned off the blinking cursor in gnome keyboard settings and it doesn't blink (even when idle) at all in Open Office. More annoying is that I'm getting all kinds of problems whenever I start selecting text. It's hard to specify what the problem looks like, but it's combinations of lines of text disappearing, turning into distorted font, repeating the same line twice...basically glitches in the way text renders when i'm selecting and even scrolling. I wonder if this is just typical or if it's something to do with gnome or my graphics card. I'm mostly hoping this is a known problem with a fix.

Info/specs:
Lenovo T61
Ubuntu 9.04,
MS Office 2007 (Pro, I think)
Crossover Office 7 professional (also tried 8 beta4 pro with same problems).
Nvidia 180.44 drivers

Anyone ever dealt with this before? Any ideas?
Grateful for any thoughts or advice!
Thanks.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Update: Part of problem seems partially resolved. Switching font to Times New Roman improved the rendering of type when selected...but it's still choppy. The cursor thing remains, though. One additional thing that may help. The cursor behaves normally (i.e. stops blinking and becomes solid when you're typing) in Draft View. Would be really nice to fix in the normal (print) view. Are there old stand-by fixes for running cxoffice in ubuntu/gnome that I could try playing with? What about nvidia drivers...are they normally a problem?
J.

Justin Sully wrote:

Update: Part of problem seems partially resolved. Switching font to
Times New Roman improved the rendering of type when selected...but
it's still choppy. The cursor thing remains, though. One additional
thing that may help. The cursor behaves normally (i.e. stops
blinking and becomes solid when you're typing) in Draft View. Would
be really nice to fix in the normal (print) view. Are there old
stand-by fixes for running cxoffice in ubuntu/gnome that I could try
playing with? What about nvidia drivers...are they normally a
problem?
J.

Seeing the same on Fedora 11 with Nvidia 180.51 driver on a T61p. Probably not a nvidia driver issue. Dual screen mode on the internal screen (24" main monitor left, and laptop internal mon right). The cursor stop blinking and sometime disappair on the internal monitor. Using Compiz.

Seeing the same on Fedora 11 with Nvidia 180.51 driver on a T61p. Probably not a nvidia driver issue. Dual screen mode on the internal screen (24" main monitor left, and laptop internal mon right). The cursor stop blinking and sometime disappair on the internal monitor. Using Compiz.

[/quote]

turning off compiz doesn't seem to help matters for me.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHRmS1NoZ2dzZDNyOXBidCIsImdkcHIiOjB9