CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quickbooks 2008/09 install under CrossOver Linux 8.0.0beta2

I'm running ubuntu 904 64-bit and have installed the trial version of CrossOver Linux 8.0.0beta2 in hope to get Quickbooks 2008/09 working under Linux.

So far I've got 2004/05 and 2005/06 working without too many problems.

The problem 2008/09 is having is that it's searching for the .NET framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.

I've tried different ways of installing this service pack but all fail.

I've tried installing .NET framework 1.1 from the crossover supported list and then upgrading it with the Service Pack downloaded from the microsoft page. But this gives me the error:

Error: 'Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your Setup'

This is using a Windows XP based bottle.

I've also tried a Windows 2000 bottle but it gives me more problems.

How do I install the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 ?

G'day,

Just a point up front - this should be on the beta discussion forum...

..anyhow, I think we can deduce that 'certain magics' are required from
within crossover to allow this - that is, looking at beta_4, the .NET 2.0

• .NET 2.0 service pack 1 candidates are there (along with .NET 1.0), but
    the service pack 1 for .NET 1.0 isn't.

Does it absolutely require .NET 1.0? I'm just thinking along the lines that
2.0 should supersede the 1.0 version and be backwars compatible..(I know,
dream on ;)

At any rate, looks to me like the codeweavers folks would need to cruft in
the necessary magics to allow what you want to happen - if it were me, I'd
probably search the current tickets and see if this has already been noted -
if not, it'd likely be worth submitting a ticket about this before 8.0 goes
final...just a thought.

c'ya

Don

Sorry to say that Don is correct - .NET 1.1 SP1 is not supported, and will not install as unsupported, either. The necessary "crufting magic" has not yet been done to .NET 1.1 SP1 to allow it to install successfully in Crossover. We hope to have this implemented in the future, but there is no time line for SP1 as of yet.

Also, in the "dream on" category - sadly, .NET 2.0 will not supercede the need for .NET 1.1. .NET 2.0 is something of a different animal entirely, and not an expansion on 1.1. Programs which require 1.1 will not know what to do with 2.0.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXZZc01QVFBreWJGVUdhcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9