CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

hp soft packs- will crossover install them?

i know that it is probably wishful thinking but can i install hp sp's with crossover? the reason is that my speakers stopped working... no its not pulse audio, etc, etc.... it stopped working in xp as well. ok so my sound stops working in xp, i decide to make the switch from xp to linux and now today i find an update on hp's site that may fix my issue... the problem is that they dont seem to offer any downloads for anything other than windows for my computer hp pavilion dv6110us (dv6000 series). so i am hoping beyond hope that you guys might have a fix for me.

If the soft pack is a firmware update for the onboard hardware,
then no - you would need windows running on the hardware for
the soft pack to work ; if the soft pack is a driver update,
then no, it'll apply to windows drivers only.

thanks for the response! my post was a prime example of why you shouldn't drink and surf the web. i apologize for wasting space with that particular post... i should have thought a little bit more before i decided to open my browser up... you should see the leter that i sent my girlfriend... well maybe ex girlfriend now.... dang.... i'm sorry!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicDhQbVdaNzVoWEdSV3I3ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9