CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Corssover Linux Professional and german directories like C:\Programme

Hi I have looked around a lot but haven't found something what would help me.

When I create a new bottle, the resulting directory structure for drive_c is english like "C:\Program Files" or "My Music" and so on. My System is Ubuntu 9.04 configured for german.

If I do the creation for exampe with WINE like winecfg, everything went fine. Names are like "C:\Programme" or "Meine Dokumente".

Is there anyone who can help me ?

I have looked also at the sources, shell32.dll resource files does contain german resource setting, but I don't know how to activate them ☹️

Thanx for any answer

P.S.: My locale is de_DE.UTF-8

We disabled localized filenames because they make problems in some of our supported apps. There are some applications that blindly assume that the program files folder is C:\program Files, etc, and break if this is not true. This is a bug in the application, and it occurs on Windows as well. Unfortunately, if such an application bug is triggered on CrossOver, we usually get the blame first. I think the rationale was that disabling localized folders caused fewer support issues.

Unfortunately I don't know how to enable them again, or if that is possible at all. Is there any particular reason why you need them? Do you have an app that expects the German names?

Hi Stefan,

thanx for your quick answer. We are actually planning to switch some of our customers to linux as there OS. In case of that we need some stuff like Office from the MS Site and a few others.

The People which are using those systems afterwards are normal end-user and they need to feel comfortable in a german environment. In case of this and for some companies internal software we need the german pathes. It would be very helpfull, when you could give me a info how we can get them.

I tried already to create a bottle's system.reg by WINE but then there is so much stuff missing/error, that makes to much work. Can we we simple create a rening script which does it for system.reg/user.reg and userdef.reg ? Or is there more things missing for the german pathes in the binaries ? Maybe you can figure out if it just happens by the bottle creator script ?

Tom

I am sorry, I have also created a ticket with ticket_id=745362. Maybe you will close or delete it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFpaZnBCaHVSNUVoR1N4TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9