CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Moving a bottle from private to managed multi-user?

I need to make available Sparx Systems’ Enterprise Architect on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 to several users. I have installed it already for my own user on a trial copy of CrossOver Standard, then upgraded it to Professional when my license arrived.

Question is, do I need to reinstall Enterprise Architect, or can I make it available to other users?

Hi Leandro,

With the managed multi user mode of CrossOver Professional, there is an easy way to share EA
with all users. Unfortunately, with 6.2, you do have to reinstall.

That is, you do the EA install as the root user. Once it's installed, you go into the
CrossOver configuration utility and configure the bottle. From there, you should see
a 'Create RPM' choice - that will let you make an RPM out of the EA bottle.

Then each of your users would just need the pro rpm and the rpm you created installed,
and they would be all set.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Thank you very much Jeremy, I am trying to reconcile myself with the idea of reinstalling.

Jeremy White wrote:

With the managed multi user mode of CrossOver Professional, there is
an easy way to share EA
with all users. Unfortunately, with 6.2, you do have to reinstall.

I do have CrossOver 6.2 Professional now, can’t I just share the installation done under the trial Standard edition before registering and installing the Professional edition?

That is, you do the EA install as the root user. Once it's
installed, you go into the
CrossOver configuration utility and configure the bottle. From
there, you should see
a 'Create RPM' choice - that will let you make an RPM out of the EA
bottle.

Then each of your users would just need the pro rpm and the rpm you
created installed,
and they would be all set.

I gather that would be the procedure if I didn’t want to use Managed Multiuser mode?

Leandro DUTRA wrote:

I do have CrossOver 6.2 Professional now, can’t I just share the
installation done under the trial Standard edition before
registering and installing the Professional edition?

You can 'archive a bottle' and then restore that bottle, although I'm not certain if you
can restore a normal bottle into a managed bottle. I'm afraid that the safest path remains
a complete reinstall.

I gather that would be the procedure if I didn’t want to use
Managed Multiuser mode?

If you didn't want to use Managed Multiuser mode, another approach would be just to
archive the bottle, and then have each user restore the archive as a form of installation.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHFSRlhDWXBza0d5dkJaOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9