CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot get Outlook 2003 to install

Hi All

I have loaded CXOffice 7.0.3 demo and tried to install Outlook 2003. I have tried loading from an EXE file and burnt a CD, but it always errors. Outlook install loads all the core fonts the first time it is run fine. The outlook installer gathers all the information and then when it should start copying files, it errors with the message "Installation ended prematurely because of an error". There is a log file, but this makes no sense to me.

If I install Wine 1.0, I can install Outlook on this, but it won't run. So it is something in the way CX interacts with the Outlook installer. The actual Outlook installer is the one that comes from the clientapps directory in SBS2003. It is Outlook 2003 without the key ID key and activation requirements. I wonder if this could be the problem.

I have tried it on both of my computers with the same result. Any ideas?

Regards

Mark Dutton

The Enterprise/Corporate/Pro versions of Office/Outlook 2007 don't install in Crossover 7.0-7.0.2 (and there is no 7.0.3 yet) and that's the likely version you're trying to install. This will hopefully be fixed in Crossover 7.0.3.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmJ4S0dFa3FhN1h6UFNnYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9