CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Proxy problem?

I install the version 7.0.2 just to use IE 6 on web site with Oracle DB and PDF output; I cannot view with IE6 under WINE (installed via ies4linux).
My connection is under a proxy whose configuration is correctly set in configurazione-gestione bottiglia-avanzato (I use the italian version).
Starting the installation I've been prompted for user and password but nothing happen! the message "CrossOver is downloading" stay on top till I kill it!
I tried to install other application too but the result is always the same.

any suggestion?

Thanks - Attilio

P.S.: excuse for my modest English

One idea would be create a new win98 bottle in Crossover, download the IE6 installer by hand through a web browser (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&DisplayLang=en), and then do an Advanced install of IE6 in Crossover and choose the already downloaded .exe to install from.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

One idea would be create a new win98 bottle in Crossover, download
the IE6 installer by hand through a web browser
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&DisplayLang=en),
and then do an Advanced install of IE6 in Crossover and choose the
already downloaded .exe to install from.

Thanks a lot for your answer

I've done it but the downloaded file (the italian version) ie6setup.exe is only 480.2 Kb. After a short run, it requires to download additional part of the browser, requires again user and password and stop itself.

I tried (another machine and location) without the proxy and the installation works fine, but the browser has a lot of problem just on codeweavers.com home page in which refresh doesn't work and on the left side I see the messages overlapping
Furthermore there are only the title and button bar (not menu nor address!).

other suggestions? - Attilio.

That's really odd. Were you installing IE6 into a new, empty win98 bottle? Crossover's proxy support isn't perfect, it doesn't always pass username/password data back in the exact way the proxy is expecting it. You might try removing the proxy settings from Crossover and with just your OS proxy see if Crossover can grab IE.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

That's really odd. Were you installing IE6 into a new, empty win98
bottle? Crossover's proxy support isn't perfect, it doesn't always
pass username/password data back in the exact way the proxy is
expecting it. You might try removing the proxy settings from
Crossover and with just your OS proxy see if Crossover can grab IE.

Done, nothing good. I tried connecting the unit installed without proxy and are still present the malfunctions I sayd previously so thet I cannot verify how the system works with the web sites I need to access.

thanks - Attilio

One issue that I've discovered with the proxy support in 7.0.2 testing (OpenSUSE-11 on x86_64): There is a proxy configuration setting in the cxsetup->Advanced dialog (and a similar one in the actual cxbottles). However, these settings seem to be ignored if you've set a proxy server in your linux system setup. Even if you then disable your system proxy setup, you have to log out and log in again to clear the *_proxy environment variables inherited by your login session. Alternatively, you can use shell commands something like (csh):

unsetenv http_proxy FTP_PROXY ftp_proxy HTTPS_PROXY https_proxy no_proxy HTTP_PROXY
/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxsetup

I used the above commands to allow the Office2k3 install to be able to grab the MS fonts from your site as part of the install initialization. Now if I could just get Office2k3 SP3 to load correctly...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSzU1R3hyZ1N4QWFlQ1ZncCIsImdkcHIiOjB9