CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Excel2007 file open issue

Hi,
I have installed crossover, office2007 successfully (on ubuntu 8.04) and the office apps run ok with the exception of Excel2007. I am unable to open an excel file on a windows share, but I can open word, ppt files from the same share and work on them.

I receive the error msg "filename could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify that the file location is correct". If I copy the file to desktop I can then open it.

I can also copy files from desktop to the file share so it does not appear to be an ntfs access issue, especially given the word, ppt etc works fine.

I've checked other similar threads but they do not seem to apply. I'm no linux expert (just interested in moving off windows!) and any help would be appreciated.

Tks, GRV

Do you have the ability to open a support ticket for this issue?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXJRR3J0cGhRQWZ4eks4ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9