CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

2 programs running in Linux

I'm a newcomer to Linux so I'm working my way through it, I'm fedup with windows and the blatant greed of MSoft.
I tried a few distros and settled on Ubuntu 8.04.1, I got and installed the x64 version.
Then I heard about Wine and Crossover so I readup on them, Crossover seems to be more stable so I
downloaded the trial version.
These are 3 unsupported programs I experimented on last evening.

After installing it I installed my superb Pocomail email program, after I had made some blunders doing that I re-installed
Ubuntu and Crossover.
Now I had an idea of what I was doing, I was carefull of where to locate the Pocomail install, after it was installed
I got my backup of Pocomail from Windows I put them into the install folder in Linux and it worked.
All my settings were there, as were all my emails and everything else, and I could send and receive emails.

I use another essential program that I use to save my user files etc, and also th restore them.
MacroScheduler, its a super program, you write the macros and it carries them out, and it works in Linux.

Another program I always use it Mailwasher Pro 6.1. It installed OK, I was working through the menus when I went to enter the email addresses it hung. I'd think those mre knowledgeable them me would find a fix.

Hope this may be of some interest.
thanks.

I have worked out how to get Mailwasher Pro 6.1 working.

If you install it, if your install is anything like mine, there will be popups under the mailwasher
pages that stops you from any further work in MailWasher, deal with them and it will work.

Would you be willing to submit some screen shots of Poco Mail and Mailwasher Pro 6.1 running to our entries in our Compatibility Center?

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1006
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3895

Perhaps you should also consider signing up as an advocate for each as we currently do not have much information on them. Also, perhaps you would consider adding the steps you took to get each running to the forums pages there for other users to access? If not, I can make sure the information gets there.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Caron,
What program will make a screenshot ?
I use Ubuntu 8.04.1
I'll certainly do screen shots.

I've got 2 screenshots done, what method do I use to send them.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmZwNmZrTHJtd3k5VjJNRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9