CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2003 crashing on start

I am running OpenSUSE 11 with KDE4. Installed the trial version of Crossover linux and installed office 2003 in a WinxP bottle. The applications appear in the menu system but when i try to run any of them i get the error Office Excel encountered a problem and need to close........ restart office excel etc. etc. send report to MS.

Any ideas?

Could be a corrupt install of either the Crossover demo or Office 2003 - I'd try a clean install of both. What version of office 2003 - pro, enterprise, standard?

hi Jack

thanks for the reply, i'll reinstall everything. MS Office 2003 is the enterprise version.

quick up date and a new request.

I installed Gnome 2.2 on OpenSUSE 11 and everything install and runs OK.

However, i want to access a MS Exchange server email account and cannot figure out how to define it. On WinXP you go to the control panel and run a mail applet to define your mail accounts.

How is this achieved using crossover?

thanks, Gary

Hello,

You can manage your email accounts by using the configure --> manage bottles men to select the bottle in question, Click the "configure" button, then the "control panel" tab, and then the "mail" button. You can setup your exchange server mail account from here. You should also be able to set up your account when you first install Outlook, by choosing the manual configuration option.

Also, please be advised that outlook under crossover only supports one mailbox per user.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRjhYaFV1Z043OEZIWmFneSIsImdkcHIiOjB9