CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Google Chrome, anybody?

Has anyone succeeded in getting Google Chrome to install and run using CrossOver Linux? I've had no success. I've read about some people managing to install and run using WineTricks, but this is beyond my experience.

I've used the new browser under Windows and liked it a lot, so I hope some of you gurus can get it going under CrossOver. Thanks.

We are curious as well. Currently it does not run on stable builds. We may take a few quick pokes to see if we can get this running better in our next build. No promises.

Jeremy Newman wrote:

We are curious as well. Currently it does not run on stable builds.
We may take a few quick pokes to see if we can get this running
better in our next build. No promises.

Great. I'm glad you'll be looking into it, and I realize you can't promise anything. All this interest shows how people view browser software. The Internet browser really has become THE application on pretty much all desktop platforms -- which is I guess what Microsoft anticipated when they tried to make IE such an integral part of their OS.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQWJZYUxVTnBRYUU2aExmVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9