CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Killing Floor Retail on Crossover Games

Hey There,

So one game I like to play now and again is "Killing Floor", how ever in Crossover Games it suffers from the same mousing bug as in Wine - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6971

How ever there are patches/fixes that can be applied to Wine that help remedy said issue. Is there a way I can apply same said patches to Crossover to get KF working?

~Jeff

I second that! :)

Stephan told me this issue should be addressed by xinput2 support
being included in the next xorg release (it is currently in the git
tree already, so it shouldn't be too far away)....see;

http://wiki.winehq.org/DInput

Cheers!

These mouse problems are a pain.

Unfortunately, the patches that are attached to the bug report are fairly large hacks, and there is a big danger that if we put them into CrossOver, even with a registry key to enable or disable them per game, we break other games.

So the only real solution is to wait for XInput 2 support to appear in mainline distros, and add it to our Mac Xserver as soon as the spec is finalized.

The /dev/input/mice read hack is something that we could try to add to CrossOver. It is not a correct fix, but its good enough for a "proprietary advantage" solution. Unfortunately, as-is it will only work on Linux, for the Mac we'll need a different fix.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQWNZcmRTTTlRNWdOTTc1YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9