CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Menu issues in Kubuntu 9.10

I think this issue is actually with kubuntu, and not cxoffice, but figured I'd post about it anyway.

I can't seem to launch OneNote (haven't tested anything else) from the Windows Applications menu in KDE. I can go into menu editor, copy the command, paste it into a terminal and it launches fine, or I can wine ONENOTE.EXE and it launches fine, OR I can launch it from the bottle menu.

If anyone else has experienced this and has a fix, I'd love to know, but I'm ok running it through one of the alternates for now.

I think you're experiencing a known problem between KDE 4.3 and Crossover 8.0. Please check out this page on our wiki for a command to fix the problem:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOfficeStartMenuItems

(Crossover 9.0 will include a coded fix)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEN0NVpBZGRVMlpIOVJ6WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9