CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quickbooks Pro UK Version 2005 (v 14)

There are a number of QB's versions listed in the compatibility database but no UK versions showing.
Does anyone have any information relation to running the above version.
From many years of running QB's I would guess the core program is about 2 years behind the US version, but altered for UK / EU VAT, payroll etc.

I have tried this version under Ubuntu 9.04 - "Jaunty" & Wine 1.0.1 and the install crashes out mid way through. If I then try to run the program I get the QB's main screen but with endless boxes saying "CRASH".

Can anyone help here and do you think Codeweavers would work better than Wine.

Regards

Update :

Wine was 1.1.32.

Now tried Codeweavers 8 (Demo) - much the same result.

QB's will open & run demo files but can't open a real live file as it does not recognise IE 6 or 7 is installed so cannot update to the demo file version. Any I/O activity results in "Crash" - COM Error boxes.

This is a version issue which is very complicated with QB's & its international versions.

Again has anyone ideas on whether my version of QB's relates to any tested.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHBVWDdHVVBNZDhyY1BTTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9