CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

transferring files into a bottle?

Hi I just bought a copy of Crossover Games and I have a question. Is there any way you can transfer files into the windows bottle? I am using the latest version of Ubuntu, and I am running crossover games. I saw some info on here about bottle "hooks" but I'm not sure thats what I need to use, and it seems a little complicated. I was kind of hoping I could just drag-and-drop the files I want to use into a folder inside the bottle. Unfortunately the bottle and all of its contents don't show up when I do a file search. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

Yes, you can copy files into the bottle directories as a plain old
simple file copy operation -- my guess is, the Ubuntu file manager
is hiding 'dot files' from you...ie; .cxgames in your home directory
and in that directory are you bottle directories - in whatever file
manager you're using, check the 'view' option and make sure it's set
to 'show all files' (or 'show hidden files'), and then you should
see your .cxgames directory.

Hope that helps...if you need any more clues, be sure to ask!

Cheers!

Alright I found it. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks for the help!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ3JINnR2SFhWc0NNTE11OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9