CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

My Crossover 7 wont install.

Hi, crossover is reporting to have correctly installed but it is not appearing in the applications menu, is this because my product support has expired? I thought I should technically still be able to use the old version without needing to upgrade. Any help appreciated.

What linux distro are you using, or more specifically, what
window_manager are you using?

Cheers!

Hi Don, I am using Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron and GNOME. Cheers

Hmm...that should have worked for you...I take it you're using
the .deb crossover package? If you are using the .deb then I
would suggest trying the .sh installer to see if that makes
any difference (of course, if you're not installing from the
.deb package, then perhaps you should ;)...(and don't forget
to uninstall wat you've already done before doing anything
like this)....

Also, are you installing it system-wine (installation into /opt
as the root user), or taking the other path and installing into
your own home directory?

Cheers!

Im not sure what happened exactly but it is working now, thanks for your help. It appeared after the 3rd reboot! lol! You know anything about how to have 2 versions of crossover running at the same time? Im having another issue now, some of my programs that were supported in crossover 7 are no longer supported in crossover 8.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZTd2RndQOFFGNVRFN0JkaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9