CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Outlook, VCF card attachements, and WAB32.dll

Outlook 2003 running well under Crossover 8.00. However, when I click on a .vcf attachment to an email (ie someone vcard), I get a standard Outlook Error "Wab32.dll missing. Please reinstall Outlook". So I have invested google time and when this happens under Windows, the most common explanation in the MS Windows community is that wab32.dll (windows address book) is missing or is corrupted. Most advisors refer to copying wab32.dll from Outlook Express, and all is resolved.

So, I have copied wab32.dll from my Windows partition, and installed it correctly under the Wine Config process. I even renamed it to wab32.dll.so, so that its identical to the other ex-windows drivers in the same directory (~/cxoffice/lib/wine). I have also ensured that Outlook is aware of the driver under the wine config settings.

And, sure enough, Outlook continues to puke when I try to open a vcf attachement.

ANY IDEAS!?!

See also http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/unsupported/tyc

Hi,

Firstly, you'll always do better posting stuff like this, to the actual application's forum...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=152;forum=1

Also, it's worth checking no relevant/recent support ticket has been already submitted for this issue....see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?s_subject=outlook+2003&search=Submit+Search&s_parent=1

Hmmm...your path statement suggests you're running linux...correct? Perhaps I would've done the wab32.dll
stuff a slightly different way...but whatever. I don't have/use this app so I'm not really sure of the
actual layout here (I would've left wab32.dll.so untounched, copied the native wab32.dll in the bottle's
~/drive_c/windows/system32 location, and then been able to force the issue one way or the other using
winecfg)...but...

I did a bit of a search through the support tickets here, and came across a ticket attachment ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?cmd=attachment;id=25430

Load that as plain-text into your browser/textviewer and search for file.vcf -- towards the end, you
can see errors related to vcf file handling -- that attachment is < 1 month old, so I'll probably think
it's still 'current'....maybe you should grab a trace to find out what's going on?...ie; run something
like the following command in an xterm/konsole ;

~/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle [bottle_name] --debugmsg +seh,+trace ~/.cxoffice/[bottle_name]/drive_c/"Program Files"/path/to/.exe &>run.log

When outlook starts, do whatever it is with VCF files that's causing the issue, then quit outlook.

The resultant file, run.log, will hopefully contain the plain-text output of what is going on. You
could then open a support ticket on the issue (or email info@codeweavers.com), and attach the run.log
as well (gzip it first)....

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRzczNWR0VjVad1l4M2t0cyIsImdkcHIiOjB9