CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Redhat kernel update - broke crossover office

I updated RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 from 2.6.18-128 to 2.6.18-164.

Now Notes 6.5 doesn't even start to come up. :(

I booted 128 again and all is well.

Looks like something is up past 2.6.18-128. Any ideas??

Well, it won't be kernel version as such, but more to do with the
Redhat kernel build itself, going by your description. (I say that
because crossover has given me no trouble with kernels 2.6.2x thru
to 2.6.30...but these are pristine kernel builds, not redhat patched
kernel builds). There's not really much anyone here can do about that.
perhaps your best bet is asking about this on the Redhat forums wrt
their 2.6.18-164 kernel build?

Cheers!

hey there, i can relate to what is happenig here, when i swaped my kernal from a 64-bit to a 32-bit for compatability. i found all my files were still there but none of the programs were installed.
you should be able to run the same installer as you first had to get the programs to work again, without the threat of deleting your old games.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieVpDSEVGVUN0NllnQ3NHYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9