CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install Software on /home >1TB?

Hi all!

I am running OpenSuse 11.2 with a 1,3 TB(!) /home partition.
Installed crossover-pro-7.1.0 successfully.
When trying to install win-programs I get a message saying something like 'C: not enough space available' having -753GB total space available and -864GB available space.
Of course, no programs can be installed on negative space. Anybody having the same problem?

murphy46

hey there, have you tried running the installer as "sudo sh install-crossover-office"
the only other thing i can think of is you do not have permissions to the file i thing this will work "sudo chown -R dablackfox:dablackfox /home/dablackfox/.cxoffice/" modify dablackfox to your username

You can test how much free space CrossOver thinks you have by running something like:

$ cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle 'nameofbottle' cmd /c dir c:

That will at least tell you if it's a general problem or specific to the installer.

(You may also want to open a support ticket, and mention the specific program you're trying to install.)

Hi,

FYI, I have a debian 5 box here -- the /home partition is 1.4tb and I
can't coax the issue you describe...what are you trying to install? Also,
was this problem evident before (ie; have you just replaced harddrive or
such?)....and how much system ram are you using?

Cheers!

I am not sure about your install, but I have had similar problems when letting some distros create the default partitions. It will create a separate partition for / (root) and /home folders. So depending on where the program installs and the size of the partitions you can easily run out of space. So check your partitions and see what size they are. If you don't know how to do that you can download and create a CD called gparted (just google it :) ) and boot from the CD to tell you what your partitions are and you can adjust the size with this as well.

Esme Povirk wrote:

You can test how much free space CrossOver thinks you have by
running something like:

$ cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle 'nameofbottle' cmd /c dir c:

Hi Vincent!
Nice try - here is the output from:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle 'win98' cmd /c dir c:

Volume in drive C is drive_c
Volume Serial Number is 0000-0000

Directory of C:

18.11.2009 20:20 7 .windows-label
20.11.2009 21:04 <DIR> Program Files
20.11.2009 21:04 <DIR> windows
1 file 7 bytes
2 directories 1,269,182,857,216 bytes free

cxoffice resides in /opt (installed as root).
The amount of free space shown is correct, but the problem persists...

Tnx anyway,
murphy46

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Hi,
and how much system ram are you using?

Hi Don,
4GB and PAE-Kernel.

murphy46

murphy46 wrote:

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Hi,
and how much system ram are you using?

Hi Don,
4GB and PAE-Kernel.

murphy46

I only ask this because I know some windows software gets spooky above 3gb ram (with some older software, 2gb is limit)

It'd be interesting to get a trace on this....but...can you do the following at all;

create a new bottle
install one of the crossover supported service packs and dependencies

??

Did this work at all before? What was the leadup to your discovery? (new OS install? new hard-drive?)

Have you tried crossover 8.0 demo? Does the problem persist with that version as well?

I'm just throwing a few notions your way that I'd try here if this happened to me....

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVVrQ0FKbm1lWEMyN1JmYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9