CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problems with the game Gun from neversoft

Hello!

I tried to install the game Gun. It seems to be installed but it will not start.
(I have also tried with Eine 0.9.55 but without luck)

During install it says:
In the beginning I got this in the installer dialog:

--START-INFO--
GUN (TM) PC DVD-ROM

Minimum System Requirements

• 3D hardware accelerator card required - 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant 32 MB Hardware T&L - capable video card and the latest drivers*
  • English version of Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000/XP
  • Pentium(R) III 1.8 GHz or Athlon(TM) XP 1800+ or higher processor
  • 256 MB of RAM
  • 2.8 GB of uncompressed hard disk space (plus 320 MB for the Windows swap file)
  • A 100% Windows 2000/XP-compatible computer system including:
  • DirectX 9.0c (Included)
  • 100% DirectX 9.0c-compliant true 16-bit sound card and drivers
  • 100% Windows 2000/XP- compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers
  • 100% Windows 2000/XP- compatible 2X speed DVD-ROM drive (2.77 MB/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
  • 100% Windows 2000/XP-compatible gamepad (optional) (Game controller with 10 or more buttons and dual analog thumb sticks required)

*Supported Chipsets for Windows 2000/XP
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 3/Ti series
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 4/Ti series
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) FX 5700 and later series
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 6800 and later
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 8500
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 9000
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 9600
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 9800 and later

*Important Note: Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by GUN. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.

I have understand that it needs DirectX 9.0.

In the list in Cross Over it says that DirectX is installed (it do not mention the version)

But it will not start.

Is there anything I can do, check or fix to perhaps make it run on My Linux Mandriva 2008?

Best regards
Fredrik

I vaguely remember having heard that Gun uses GameGuard? Is that correct, or am I misinformed? If Gun uses GG, then it won't work because GG employs rootkit techniques that are incompatible with CrossOver and security-wise questionable.

Hello!

I found a no-cd-crack that might help me out, buy now I got a new problem, se my new thread.

Best regards
Fredrik

Hello!

I installed DirectX into CO.
Then Installed GUN into the same bottle.
I also use the no-cd-crack for Gun.
Tada!

Works fine!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkpKZktmOVlndHF1VjRiViIsImdkcHIiOjB9